Monday, July 9, 2012

A Man From My University Told Me Not To Do Anything In Mexico That I Wouldn't Do In The United States But I Did Anyways...

     Nothing illegal of course but I got more adventurous than I would be and will ever be in the United States.  This has probably been one of the best weeks, aside from a lot of my friends and roommates that I met that only stayed for one month leaving yesterday and the tears that were shed over it, that I have had while I was here. 
     After saying goodbye to  a lot of the people I met here, I went to the Guadalajara Zoo with some of my friends and roommates that still remain and it was amazing.  It is the biggest zoo in Latin America A lot of the exhibits were open, meaning that you could walk through them while the animals were not behind any cages. The kangaroos, monkey, and bird exhibits were like this. As well as this they had an aquarium where I learned a new Spanish word. Tiburones which means sharks in English. I learned this word because I went into an immersion tank with them with two of my friends. One thing I would never do in the US which I might now though because it wasn't all that bad.  I got to spend 15 minutes in the tank for the equivalent of eight US dollars. It was great. We were at the zoo for four hours and we still didn't get to see half of it.  We are making plans to go back in the future.
      As well as this, me and this same group of friends went to Lake Chapala which is the biggest lake in the state of Jalisco.  It was really pretty and a little beachy.  We also went to this restaurant where you could have a view of the beach and listen to a live band performing.  There was also a parade going on while we were there with some Native American dancing as well as some religious events. And finally, we went on a boat ride in Lake Chapala and landed on a little island full of restaurants and a little market where I bought seashells and a little handmade boat, which I lost yesterday in the restaurant, but I will be able to get again when I go to Puerto Vallarta or back to Lake Chapala. I don't like to be out on the water so this was another thing that I did here that I wouldn't do back at home that I might do now that I saw it wasn't that bad. I have some pictures from the zoo which are on my Facebook because there are too many to post for everyone to see. Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed it.

Copy/Paste

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ms. Brown:

    Great to see you are walking (swimming) on the wild side. The trip looks amazing - the kids all say hey. Stay safe, but please continue your adventures - it makes for awesome reading.

    Be Great,
    Your Gengras Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this week has definitely been adventourous for me. It's nice to hear from you all so thanks for that. This weekend I am going to Guanajato which is another beautiful city in Jalisco this weekend so I'll be sure to tell you all about it. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete